Friday 12 July 2013

pinterest pick of the week...

image via Love Audrey // pinned to my board Words and More...


When I saw this quote over on beautiful blog Love Audrey I knew it was going to be my pinterest pick for this week...it sums up my feelings about books perfectly. I love how a book can transport you to another world, time, place...and that is exactly how I have been feeling this week reading The Help by Katheryn Stockett. What was a little strange was that Audrey had also recommended The Help  in her reading list...small world isn't it?

I'm sure most of you know of the story especially since the film adaptation came out...the tale of a small Mississippi town during 60's America that explores the racial divide that was so strong there at the time, all through the lives of three women, Aibileen, Minny and Skeeter. Now I really enjoyed the film, and it is what lead me to read the book, but I'm finding the book so much better! Either way I would definitely recommend the film or book version...

I hope you have a lovely weekend, it is meant to be an absolute scorcher here in the uk! So I will be in the garden with a cold drink and book in hand to be sure...enjoy! x



from my board Words and More...


ps - how often does this happen to you after reading a brilliant book!?






***

3 comments:

  1. Always! And you are just dying to tell someone... Really good quote!

    And I loved The Help too, couldn't put it down!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely post! I know that feeling when you've finished a good book, fab quote!
    You've probably already read them but if you haven't..the hunger games trilogy is fab, a definite read for the summer. And Gone Girl was good too, I read that whilst in Ibiza and couldn't put it down. got her second book now so will be diving into that soon.
    Need to add The Help to my 'to read' list :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love that quote - brilliant! xx

    ReplyDelete

Hello! So nice of you to pop by, please leave a comment if you wish. I love reading them all...Rebecca x

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...